Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

About a week ago we started getting the news that a Winter Storm was coming our way! I went to the grocery store like 3 times! When Ben and I went to the store Wednesday night there were NO BANANAS, and NO BREAD! What is everyone doing with these bananas????
Well the meteorologists were right. We got about 8 inches of snow on top of ice! Luckily we didn't lose power!
Matt, Ben, and I got out and played yesterday. Ben ate some icicles and snow, threw some snow balls, and made some snow angels.
We have these saucer like sleds that Ben refuses to sled on! It may have a little something to do with the fact that I traumatized him a couple of years ago. We had a winter storm and I wanted to take Ben sledding for the first time! So he and I got all bundled up I put him on the sled and pushed him down the hill in our front yard. He FLEW down the hill SPINNING & SPINNING! He then jumped the curb and landed face down in the snow. He was totally fine! Man, I still giggle about it!
So today my goal is to get him back on the sled! I'll let you know how it goes.

Yummy! (There is just something that grosses me out about this!)

Soakin' up some... snow?!?!?!

Hmmm, tastes like snow!

This little bird feeder was a happenin' place yesterday!

Oh Summer how I miss you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! When we were in BA over Christmas we searched EVERYWHERE for those saucer like sleds....couldn't fine one anywhere. My hubby wants to buy one (to gather dust in our garage/attic) so that we can take it on every winter trip "just in case".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!!!! Ben is so cute!

    ReplyDelete