Monday, May 23, 2011

FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

Well this wasn't exactly how we'd hoped the first day of summer break would be.... It's gloomy out there!
We have been under a severe storm warning since yesterday-and it looks like it may stay that way for a couple days :( But I will not complain any longer about not laying out by the pool when I have a home, clothes, water, food and my family and friends are safe! Horrible tornados devastated Joplin, MO last night! I had to turn the news off this morning and stop listening to stories because it's just so sad :( There is a lot of organizations and churches collecting items to take to Joplin to help those in need... If you can help with anything please do! I am sure that anything we give is appreciated! A friend of mine, her brother is a Pastor at a church in Joplin and asked for drinking water. She and her husband were going to take all the water they collected to Joplin this evening. Ben and I went by the store and picked up some water to donate. My prayers are with all of those suffering!


I tried to keep Ben busy today so he wasn't bored. We went and picked him up some new shoes to take on his trip to Rhode Island. Then I took him to get his hair cut OFF! He got a buzz :)


On to day two of summer break-haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment