Friday, May 7, 2010

Ben, The LEGO Man!

Ben has always loved blocks. He still plays with the blocks he got for his first birthday! But this week he has really been into his Lego's. These are the tiny Lego's, with all the tiny Lego pieces. The tiny Lego pieces that I find randomly laying on the carpet, EVERYWHERE! Anyway, Matt decided that they needed to make a shopping trip and buy more Lego's. They bought a rescue vehichle themed Lego set.
Matt and Ben started on the rescue helicopter that night but didn't get to finish before bedtime. When Ben woke up the next morning he started back on it. Every once in a while I would hear a mad growl coming from his room. But he was making progress all by him self.




Then something would break off and he'd get mad. I tried to make him take a break, but he wouldn't. I tried to make him wait for his dad, but he wouldn't. I tried to make him stop asking me to help, but he wouldn't.


He got the helicopter almost done and then decided to fly it around. It broke.

I got home last night and Ben ran to show me what he had built all by himself! Matt didn't help him (he got called to work on a problem for work). I just can't believe that at 4 1/2 years old he has the patience and knowledge to follow the direction book and put these tiny Lego's together to make a truck! It just amazes me!





No comments:

Post a Comment